This morning we went peach and blackberry picking in New Melle at Wind Ridge Farms. We rode a wagon out to the back of the peach orchard and picked Jim Dandy peaches. They are so big and so sweet. We tried to come to this farm last Saturday, but the line to check out was 1 hour long and I didn't think any of us could handle that. Plus, it was much hotter than it was today. It was 68 degrees when we got there today. I had to sternly tell the girls not to pick any peach that I didn't approve, because there were so many on the trees and a lot of them were low where the girls could reach them and they weren't all ripe. Sydney took a bite out of 4 or 5 until I finally got the message through to stop! I finally just let her eat one and that satisfied her. We picked 9 lbs. which was pretty easy to do because they were so big. We probably bought 13 or 14 peaches. Then we tried to pick some blackberries, but there weren't many ripe ones left on the vine. We heard that you had to get there right when they open to get those. Kathryn wouldn't try the peaches, but she did like the blackberries, as did Sydney. This picture really shows Sydney's personality. She was making a kind of pouty face in the first picture I took (not posted), so I told her to stop making that silly face, and this is what I got!
Friday, August 08, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment