Friday, March 19, 2010

The Drive Home

I drove home from Colorado by myself (my mom had flown to MO to drive to CO with me) on Wednesday. It took us 13 1/2 hours. It wasn't bad despite my face in the second pic. We left at 7 am. I had to stop a couple of times and let Sydney pee in a diaper so I didn't have to take everyone inside somewhere. We finally stopped for lunch in Topeka. I pumped and had the girls feed Reagan in the back seat, then I would stop to burp her. The car was a wreck by the time we got home, but we made it safe and sound. We had a happy family reunion and all cried because we were so happy to see our Daddy!


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

DNAgallows said...

That sounds like an adventure! Getting everyone out is dreadful. We took a little potty with us and some sanitizer wipes. Saved the trip...it was to Missouri, actually! I am glad you made it safe and sound. I am sure it was much rejoicing when you got home!

Amy said...

You are so brave to drive so far by yourself. Glad it went well!

kim said...

Wow! way to go. I am a little nervous to drive to my mom's in Idaho 2 months after my baby is born. I think i will ask someone to fly out and drive with me. I bet my sister would!! I am sorry I am so slow to respond on here with my blog address. It is addieandcallen.blogspot.com. I love seeing your cute family.