Friday, May 18, 2012

Welcome Baby Boy Morrison!

We arrived at the hospital at 8pm on Tuesday night.  (During dinner I received a phone call asking if I was going to show up for my induction scheduled at 6pm.  I don't know where the miscommunication occurred, but I was told 8pm!)  We got checked in and my IV was started.  They had to stick me twice and that was one of the most painful parts!  They started Pitocin around 10pm and I received my epidural around 1am.  After that my contractions started coming strong and regular.  Baby's heartrate was really decreasing during each contraction, but would come back very quickly, so the nurses weren't concerned.  I was checked by a nurse at 3:20am and I was at a 5 (maybe a 6).  About 5-10 minutes after she left the room, I really felt him move down and started to feel a lot of pressure.  I called her and said, "I know you just checked me, but would you come back and check me again?"  She came right in and checked me and I was at a 10 and she looked a little panicked!  I spent the next 15 minutes trying not to push and waiting for Dr. Young!  We also asked our friend Dr. Fowler (who delivered Sydney & Reagan) to be there, so we were waiting on her too.  They got there as fast as they could and he was born at 3:53 am on May 16th,  after 1 push!  He scored 9 of 9 on his Apgar, weighed 5 lbs. 12.8oz, and was 18" long. 

 
 
 


Dr. Young
 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: