Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Child Development Lab

Kathryn is enrolled in "preschool" at our local high school, Fort Zumwalt North. It is a program that enables the Child Development students at the high school to work with real live kids! They also get to observe the kids at play. Kathryn attends with two of her friends from church, Abbie and Ethan. I take them all to school and one of the other moms brings them home.

Kathryn came home one day trying to tell me about this popsicle course that they did in class. I asked her if it had something to do with popsicle sticks and she said, "Nooo", (like I was kind of dumb for not understanding). So, she kept asking me to do it for her at home, but since I had no idea what she was talking about, I just kept saying, "I don't know what that is!" So, the other day I was moving all of the chair into the living room so I could mop the kitchen and Kathryn came in and said, "Wow, you made a popsicle course!, and she started climbing over and under the chairs. And then it clicked! She wanted an OBSTACLE course! She is so cute. I tried to teach her how to say obstacle, but I think she prefers to say popsicle!



This is Ethan, Abbie, and Kathryn at their school.










The kids walking down the ridiculously long hallway to their classroom.







Kathryn signing in. She used to just sign in with a W, but now she likes to trace her name that is already written on the paper.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

HA! Popsicle. Oh my gosh. That is so adorable. She looks so grown up and so little at the same time.
Why a W?