Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Easter Morning

I hid the girl's baskets in my closet so that I could control the opening. Isn't that Type A of me? I just enjoy watching them open their baskets, so I wanted to make sure I was there for it! I had fun filling their baskets full of goodies. Nonnie bought them some cute clothes and kites. Kathryn got a watch (digital) and enjoys telling us what time it is. I bought them Easter hats because they had seen some in the store and enjoyed playing with them. Mike bought me a pink fishing pole and some candy for my basket and I got him running socks and a tackle box (so exciting, right?).


I love the candy and presents part of Easter, but I have also tried to teach them the true meaning of Easter. I found different pictures of Christ in the Ensign (on the cross, in the tomb, resurrected) and taped them to our fridge. We tried to talk about it every day or so. I'm hopeful that something sunk in.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: