Thursday, September 25, 2008
Chile - Highlights and Memories
* Forgetting to get our luggage and my sister almost getting fined by the Chilean Department of Agriculture.
* Getting yelled at (in Spanish) by an old lady for taking her picture. (We hadn't actually taken her picture.)
* My mom being so frazzled from fighting with aforementioned old lady, that she forgot her bag and change at the grocery store!
* Running 3 blocks at mach speed to try and get aforementioned bag & change before someone else did.
* Being given the hoo-doo eye by a cab driver for slamming his door.
* Crying mostly non-stop for the first day I was there. (What can I say, I'm emotional. I was happy to see my mom, panicky to be 5,000 miles away from home and possibly never returning home to see my husband and beautiful kids...Did I mention that I have a tendancy to worry?)
* Being given a flower by a man who wanted to welcome me to Chile (even after I had made a face because he was eating french fries with mustard.)
* Saying "Permisso" (Excuse me) many times because until you do, people won't move or get out of your way!
* Almost throwing up after eating something that was supposed to be flan-like (I think) but felt more like really wet scrambled eggs with a hint of almond.
* Being very happy that they have Coke Zero in Chile! (Coca Cero)
* Enjoying the taste of empanadas fritas con queso!
* Eating sopapillas with salsa (so good!)
* Landing after a 10 hour flight and realizing that I had gone to Chile and back and survived! (And that I still had another (short) flight, but it not mattering because I was in the United States!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
I have to say I'm "glad" you were scared to go to another country. I was looking at your previous posts and seeing you looking so comfortable in the photos and feeling jealous that I wouldn't be so comfortable in a foreign country (I'd be terrified). I'm just glad to know you were scared, too, but you survived and even had fun.
I'm so glad you had a great time. It sounds like you've made a lot of memories. I bet your family is glad to have you back. It was great watching the girls and Mike on Sunday. Every Father should have the opportunity to do Sacrament meeting alone. He did a great job.
I'm glad you're back but sad that you're gone again. I can't wait to hear more and see ALL of your pictures! xoxoxoLeslie
LOVED your travel log. Great pics and stories. Opportunity of a lifetime! I'm jealous. How is Dorothy feeling? Sad and happy?
Hi! I just found your blog! I don't know if I will get to see you before we leave on Oct. 11. If not, here's a big virtual hug and know that we love you and we'd love to see you anytime you guys feel like coming to Seattle.
Post a Comment