Sunday, May 17, 2009

Kathryn's Sunday School class

Today I substituted in Kathryn's sunday school class. I was really feeling the pressure because she's been so excited about it and has even been counting down the days! I taught about Nephi getting the brass plates from Laban. I brought treats for them, but told them that they wouldn't get them unless they were reverent and listened and sat still. I drew a chart of the chalkboard that had a sad face on the bottom and a happy face at the top. Throughout the class, I moved a magnet up and down the scale depending on their behavior. They responded very well to it. I can remember a teacher doing this for our sunday school class when I was 5 or 6, and it really having an impression on me. (Obviously, since I remember is 25 years later!) So, they made it up to the happy face and got to eat the rice krispy treats.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Good for you for taking pictures! She will love having those later in life. That's one cute class.

Amy said...

Can we have you in primary???!!