Last Thursday Kathryn and I went to see Mary Poppins at the Fabulous Fox Theatre! This is her (very early) birthday present from me. First we went to lunch at Olive Garden (her pick). We dined on soup, bread sticks, grilled chicken, broccoli, and spaghetti. Kathryn drank Sprite and water, and I just had water. After lunch we drove to the theatre, arriving early enough to look around, get her a booster seat, and marvel at the magnificent theatre. (And learn the word, magnificent.) Kathryn was worried that we were going to miss it so she kept encouraging me to go to our seats.
The musical was so wonderful. We have been listening to the soundtrack, so Kathryn was familiar with all of the songs. She kept asking me if they were real people on the stage and when she got to go up there! She got a little sleepy before intermission, but perked up for the last half and thoroughly enjoyed when Mary Poppins flew right over our heads! We were on the first row of the balcony, so we had a great view. I hope she remembers it forever!
The musical was so wonderful. We have been listening to the soundtrack, so Kathryn was familiar with all of the songs. She kept asking me if they were real people on the stage and when she got to go up there! She got a little sleepy before intermission, but perked up for the last half and thoroughly enjoyed when Mary Poppins flew right over our heads! We were on the first row of the balcony, so we had a great view. I hope she remembers it forever!


4 comments:
Sounds like you really had a good time! We were on something like row three in the balcony on the side she flew over, too, and it was so fun! We did wake Izzie up for that part. I didn't get the soundtrack ahead of time, but I'm certainly working on it now. It was fun to see your pictures!
Wow- did she get to buy a new outift for the Fox? She looks so posh!
I see she's got your head tilt in the last picture. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree!!!
Oh, how fun! That's something she'll never forget!
Post a Comment