Sunday, November 23, 2008

Getting ready for Christmas!

Today we got out of church early because there was no electricity! It went out in the middle of Sacrament, but everyone just kept on doing what they were doing. It was kind of neat. There was enough light coming in from the front windows that everyone could see, but it was just a little dark. We finished Sacrament meeting and the speakers spoke without a microphone and the choir sang with the piano.

So, we came home around 10:30 and had pizza for an early lunch. Then we got out all of our Christmas decorations! We listened to Christmas music, put up our Christmas tree and I changed the mantle from Fall to Christmas! Tomorrow night we will put the ornaments on the tree and talk about the Savior's birth for Family Home Evening.

When I got out the Christmas tree skirt, the girls didn't know what it was, so I told them it was a cape and we all took turns wearing it and running around the house! Then when we showed them what it was actually for, they seemed kind of disappointed. They are excited to start the advent calendar when December starts.

Before:
After:
Mike got really worn out from putting up that tree!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Oh, I love the decorations. Wasn't it fun getting out of church early? You got your wish! but sacrament was kinda neat, too, in the dark, and singing with the piano.

Lindsey said...

I can't believe you already have your tree up! I guess it's hard to get in the spirit of Christmas when it's still 85 degrees outside. :( I better get with it!

Lindsey said...

I LOVE Kathryn's outfit for Wacky Wed. So cute. And I love that Sydney said her paci makes her happy. so funny. But my fvorite story is the kid's club at the gym. I think it's hilarious that they pick up their kids and ask those questions. it's so funny to see how they internalize everything we do and say.