Thursday, November 06, 2008

Ready...Set...Read!

We attended a Parents-as-Teachers event tonight called Ready...Set...Read! It was mainly for Kathryn's age group, but Sydney tagged along. We did lots of fun activities centered around fun books like, The Carrot Seed, The Very Hungry Caterpillar, If You Give A Mouse A Cookie, Corduroy, and lots more! Here Kathryn is fishing for One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish!
Sydney working on her hat.
Sydney fishing and the girls modeling their hats. Kathryn said, "Sydney looks like a magician!" (BTW, I had the girls hair cut yesterday. And Sydney got bangs. I'm not in love with them yet, but I think it's just such a change to her little face. Kathryn saw her and said, "She looks silly!" But I know that she just meant different and we will all grow to love them. And they will grow out. I'll try to get a better picture.)
The girls in the reading tent. I climbed in there with them and we read some books. They mainly wanted to play with the flashlights.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

From what I can tell, Sydney's bangs look super cute!

My kids' favorite thing to do is get in Owen's closet and play with their flashlights in the dark.

Amy said...

That looks like fun. Wish we'd signed up. Especially for the reading tent. Michael would have loved that part.

Laura F said...

I miss parents as teachers! What a great program! And I LOVE the bedtime post - what a fun part of the daily grind to have captured forever. :-) It's usually so crazy at our house pictures are out of the question!