Thursday, October 23, 2008

Halloween Cookies

Today we were invited over to our friend's house to decorate Halloween cookies. (Thanks Justus family!) I didn't tell the girls what we were doing until we got there, so they were pretty surprised.
They both did a really good job and were surprisingly focused.

Sydney's cookies are the ones on top and Kathryn's are on bottom. The cookies tasted fabulous! I made Chris give me the recipe and (fingers crossed) I'm going to try to make them. For some reason, I don't usually make a good sugar cookie, but, we'll see!
BTW, I, too, was wearing a Halloween shirt (more cheesiness, I know, maybe I'm just a cheesy person!). I had Chris take our picture, but Kathryn wasn't cooperating and kept hiding behind me and putting her hands over her face. I don't know why, but that irritated me so much! We had a long (probably too long) talk about it, with me trying to figure out why she didn't want to just stand there and smile for the 2 seconds that it would take to take the picture! She finally said, "Mom, I don't know what to say!" And then I felt bad. Ohhh...mom guilt.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Amy said...

They look so cute in their shirts. It is frustrating that kids have to make everything so difficult! They drag something unpleasant out so that it's even more unpleasant!