Saturday, October 11, 2008

O'Fallon Fall Fest 5K

I ran in the 6th annual O'Fallon Fall Fest 5K this morning. There was a costume contest so I dressed as a sparkly, good witch. I didn't win any prizes (not even a raffle prize!), but it's all good because I had a PR and a good time. I finished seventh in my age group. 26:07 was my overall time.

7 EMILY MORRISON OFALLON MO 4028 29 28 26:07 26:12 00:04 8:25/M

I love when he catches me in mid-air! I really tried to sprint hard at the end.
My friends, Kate & Chris, who ran the race with me.
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Amy said...

How did you have time to post this already? I must have been at the church a LONG time.

You are the cutest witch I have ever seen!

Allison said...

Very cute costume. 26:07!! What an awesome time, CONGRATULATIONS!!

JustusFam said...

Dude, We rock!

EmmyMo said...

Yes! We totally do!

Chelsea said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I love the costume.

Lindsey said...

It looks like you are the only one who got the memo about the costume! You are such a runner. I'm jealous.

EmmyMo said...

There were actually more people in costume, I just didn't get pictures of any of them. I was just bitter cause I didn't win anything. The winners were: a Fredbird (silly St. Louis Cardinal baseball mascot thing), a S'mores (big ol' marshmallow head and a candy bar dress thing), and a flying monkey (worn by a kid, so I couldn't be mad at her). There was another witch, some crazy fairy looking thing, some pirates (who didn't run, but were volunteers), and that's all I can remember.

Devin & Anisa said...

You're dedicated! P.S. I like the new look of your blog.

DNAgallows said...

You did great! I am impressed you ran a 5K with all the extra clothing. My goodness! Great time! I didn't see any other costumes, so who did they give the awards to...unless they were soo big and bulky that they were so far behind. Plus you were a witch, there is no telling what magic dust you left behind! Ha!