Thursday, October 30, 2008

Trunk(?) or Treat

We attended our ward's Trunk or Treat last night. Which I kind of think is a silly name (I was going to say a dumb name, but when I re-read it, it sounded too harsh...I know, I should be less senstive...I'll work on that). So, the kid is asking for a trunk or a treat? What is the trunk option? Sounds scary...and illegal.

Anyway, I never really enjoy taking the kids to these things because it seems like more work than it's worth, but I do it for the sake of the memories. Their memories, not mine. It's so dark and they can't tell who other people are in their costumes, etc. I'm sure once they get a little older it will be better. Mike had to meet us there because he had to leave work a little late and when I saw him walking up I said to the girls, "Oh, someone's coming to get you!" And then when Mike grabbed Sydney to pick her up from behind, she freaked out! Poor thing. We scared the crap out of her. She was crying, but she was also excited to tell her Daddy (once she realized it was him) about her candy. Then, just a couple of minutes later, she got caught up in a family and kept getting hit in the head with someone's candy bag and couldn't see and had another little breakdown.

Once Kathryn got the hang of it, she was pretty excited to go see what was in the next trunk. She would get her candy and then give this excited throaty giggle.
After the 'treating', we went inside for the games. Sydney is supposed to be tossing that beanbag through a hole, but she thought it would be more efficient just to walk up and put it in! Of course, silly grown ups!
Kathryn dutifully participating in the cupcake walk, even though she doesn't really like cupcakes. She just wanted to try everything! Her daddy took care of that cupcake for her.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Allison said...

Kathryn cracked me up! The little laugh she did after I gave her some candy was hilarious.

Amy said...

I think those things are a bit overwhelming, too. Glad your girls ended up having fun despite the craziness.

Lindsey said...

Those Sydney stories made me laugh! Their costumes looked great! And your ward puts on quite a trunk or treat! Ours was WAY more low key than that.

Lindsey said...

PS- Kathryn's pics look ADORABLE and I definitely want one. She looks way too grown up....I can totally look at that second picture and see her as a teenager! aauuugghhh!!!